Sugar Free White Christmas
Take these coconut treats to Christmas and the entire family will be impressed. They can even be used as a gift.
- 2 1/2 cups coconut butter.
- 1 1/4 cup coconut milk.
- 1 vanilla bean, seeds scraped.
- 1 tablespoon rice malt syrup.
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut.
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, roughly chopped.
- 1 cup pistachios, shelled.
- 1 cup frozen raspberries (keep in freezer until ready to use).
- 1. Line a 20cm square slice tin with baking paper. Melt the coconut butter in a bowl over hot water until it has completely turned to liquid.
- 2. Place the coconut butter in the food processor. Add the coconut milk, vanilla, syrup and coconut until well combined. It is important to work quickly here, because you do not want the coconut butter to start solidifying. It is easier to stir through the dry ingredients when it is still runny. Stir in the macadamia nuts and pistachios. Gently fold in the frozen raspberries.
- 3. Pour mixture into the prepared tin. Place the tray in the freezer for 3-4 hours.
- 4. Use the baking paper to lift the White Christmas out of the tin and slice into squares (about 20). These are best stored in the freezer.
Note: You can eat them directly from the freezer or you can place them in the fridge for 30 minutes before serving to allow the raspberries to soften a little.
We advise eating sweet foods like this one as occasional treats only. Also, we encourage you to cut the sweetener down even more if you can. This recipe has been made without any sweetener at all and its delicious.