Turkey & Tomato Panini
- 80gm turkey meat, lean, sliced
- 0.5 tomato
- 1 sprig fresh basil leaves
- 0.5 tbsp cheese, parmesan, grated
- 5mls lemon juice
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 2 slices wholemeal bread, thick sliced, approx 40g
- 10gm mayonnaise, 97% fat free
1. Have 2 heavy cans (approx 400gm each) and a medium non stick frying pan ready by the stove.
2. Combine the mayo, parmesan, shredded basil, lemon juice & pepper in a small bowl. Spread the mixture one one slice of bread and top with turkey and tomato slices; then top with remaining slice of bread.
3. Heat the large non stick fry pan over medium heat. Place the panini in the pan and top with the medium frying pan on top of the panini, then weigh it down with the cans.
4. Cook until golden on one side (about 2 minutes). Reduce the heat to medium low, then flip the panini, replace the top skillet and cans, and cook until the second side is golden (1-3 minutes more).