Cauliflower Fried Rice
Try out this awesome low carb, flavoursome and healthy veggie recipe! Whip this up for a family weeknight dinner in an easy 30 minutes. Will serve 3-4.
- 1 medium head cauliflower
- 1 large egg
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) cooking oil, divided
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup (120ml) diced frozen carrots
- 1/2 cup (120ml) frozen peas
- 2 Tablespoons (30ml) soy sauce *for gluten-free use tamari
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- 2 green onions, diced
Optional: kosher salt
Optional vegetables: celery, broccoli, corn, spinach
- Mince cauliflower into very small crumbled pieces, resembling the size of rice or larger because the cauliflower will shrink as it cooks.You can use a food processor to get this texture, but be careful to not process the cauliflower too much or it will become mushy. Hand mince everything to get the small texture, so it still remains firm when cooked.
- In small bowl, whisk the egg and then set aside.
- Heat large skillet on medium high heat. Add olive oil, then add onion and garlic. Cook until soft and translucent.
- Add cauliflower and sauté until tender, but not mushy soft. Add the peas and carrots and stir until combined.
- Add the beaten egg, soy sauce, sesame oil and black pepper. Stir until the egg coats all of the cauliflower and becomes cooked.
- If needed, add additional kosher salt to taste. Add green onions and stir until everything is combined.
- Serve warm.