Balsamic Beef & Sweet Potato Mash
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 120g lean sirloin steak
- 2 sprigs fresh chives
- 0.5 tsp minced garlic
- 1 sweet potato (approx 150g)
- 30mls balsamic vinegar
- 20mls coconut milk
- 1 cup mixed salad leaves
- 4 cherry tomatos approx 10 each
1. Combine half of balsamic with the garlic and pepper. Pour over steak and marinate for 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cut cherry tomatoes in half and toss with the mixed salad leaves. Transfer to a serving plate and pour over the remaining balsamic vinegar.
3. Peel the sweet potato and cut into 1 inch cubes. Add to a pot of boiling water and cook for approx 8 minutes, or until tender. Remove from heat, drain and mash using a potato masher. Finely chop the chives and add to potato along with the coconut milk. Mix well and transfer to serving plate.
4. Heat a bbq or sandwich grill and cook steak on high heat for 1-2 minutes on each side, or until cooked to your preference. Place steak on top of sweet potato mash, garnish with extra chives and serve.